As a Service Engineer you will grow into a technical specialist role in airport technologies. As a member of the Customer Service Department, you actively supports engineering activity to foster and maintain good working relationships with customers. In addition you provides the ideas to build the next generation airport.
- Contribute to the installation, initial testing, operation, preventive maintenance support, repair and modification of the supplied equipment and systems at airports in Western Europe and beyond.
- Troubleshooting, in depth analysis of issues or incidents which are affecting the product performance. In follow-up he/she communicates pro-actively with the customers, informing them on the status and any results of issues encountered.
- Working together with the internal departments to guarantee client satisfaction. Vice versa providing expert support internally to incident management, regional sales desks or when required within a project management environment (site surveys, technical customer queries)
- Provide internal and external product training on the equipment and standards, and train relevant airport stakeholders how to maintain and calibrate complex equipment.
- Participate in a 24/7 set-up support program to ensure customers to reports incidents were regionally applicable
- Execute and follow-up existing maintenance contracts
- As airports are the main locations to work you will be travelling up to 50% of the time. Working abroad for periods of max. 3 weeks does not frighten you.
Your primary contacts internal & external are:
- Within the Sales Department: Sales Manager, Bid Manager, CSR Customer Service Representative, BA Sales, Marketing,
- Other departments: Business Administration, R&D, Operations, Quality Management, System Engineering
- All the legal entities and branches
- Final Customers
- Main Contractors of Airport Installations
- Local Company Agents, Distributors or Consultants
- Complementary Airport Equipment or Service Suppliers
It is a leading provider of intelligent solutions that deliver superior airport performance from approach to departure.
To reach the highest standards, the company sets for itself in innovation and quality, they rely on the valuable contribution of their outstanding teams. They work to increase airport safety and efficiency around the world.
To enforce their service department at their Belgian facility, they are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer that is willing to contribute in the growth of their service business.
Commercial sensitivity with customer focus
Able to work in a changing multicultural environment
Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Strong planning and organizational skills
Stress resistant personality who feels at his best in a challenging environment
Result and quality oriented with an eye for detail
Independent and driven “self-propelling” individual
- Excellent knowledge of International safety rules and regulations is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Aviation Rules and regulations: ICAO, EASA & FAA is an advantage
- Basic knowledge of automation systems, Field Bus Technology
- Basic knowledge of Network and Communication Technology using TCP/IP, fiber optic networks and other communication media is preferred.
- Bachelor electromechanics (Automation)
- Master in electromechanics (Automation)
- Equivalent of the above by experience
- Working knowledge of MS office tools (MS Project, MS office, ... )
- ( Win CC or similar , C-, VBA, C++, …) are nice to have
- Industrial automation platforms
- Multi-language, international & intercultural experience
- Language know-how: English (Nr 1 priority), French, Dutch, Spanish anyother language is an asset.
- Customer Focus
- Integrity / Ethics
- Results Focus
- Vision and Values
- Customer Service
- Decision Making / Judgment
- Job knowledge
- Managing Technology
- Technical Skills
- Creative hands-on mentality
The company has an international character. As an employee you are not a number, but you are well supported. In addition to work, fun activities are organized to promote the atmosphere among themselves. Finally, in addition to the nice atmosphere, you also get a competitive salary package.
Extra’s: Meal vouchers, reward for participation in standby service, insurance, mobile phone & subscription incl., laptop.
As you will be travelling to airports over Europe and beyond a company car is not included in the standard package.