Senior Design Engineer
As a Senior Design Engineer your primary responsibility is the design and engineering of parts and
components within the automotive industry.
Herefore you coorperate with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Execute the design of new products by engineering components, preparing drawings and 3D models, creating prototypes, testing and implementation;
- Parts optimization with regard to feasibility and low cost designs;
- Knowledge and consideration of in-house and supplier production processes, their requirements and standards;
- Collaboration with process engineering and suppliers;
- Data exchange and transfer to customers and suppliers;
- Internal support to project teams;
- Contribution to OEM presentations;
- Follow established procedures for creation and maintenance of CAD databases and libraries;
- Creative design solutions;
- Participate in DFMEA preparation and offer design solution to overcome manufacturing challenges.
An internationally active manufacturer with a large portfolio of products for the automotive industry is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to strengthen their international team in Belgium.
You’ll have the chance to work in an innovation-driven and customer centered environment with a focus on the automotive market.
With a rising demand for electrification, connectivity and autonomous driving within the automotive industry, the company has implemented a state-of-the-art production with a big focus on high-end technologies and automation.
Doing so, they are able to respond to the latest trends and needs of the industry. In addition, it gives them the possibility to even deliver on more complex customer demands.
What are the requirements for the position as Senior Design Engineer;
- Bachelor or master in Engineering;
- +3 years of experience on similar roles;
- Experience with CATIA, preferably within the automotive industry;
- Basic knowledge of metrology and glass validation;
- Good knowledge of APQP, DFMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, VDA 6.3, IATF, Customer specific requirement;
- Basic knowledge of Sharepoint, Power BI, SAP
- Fluently in English;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
On top of that they are looking for someone with the following soft skills;
- Good communicator;
- Critical thinking;
- Leadership qualities;
- Conflict management
- Problem solving;
- Project management.
An interesting salary package depending on your level of experience and/or education including fringe benefits.
You will be working in an international environment where the language of communication is English.
An innovative company with a high-tech environment and many future career opportunities.
A permanent contract with a 39 hours a week, which means 20 official holidays and 6 recuperation days on a yearly basis.
In case of relocation, they will also provide you with the necessary support.
Solliciteer voor deze vacature. Wij nemen zo snel
mogelijk contact met je op.