Operations manager Start-up
You are the person responsible for the company's operations. Your first priority will be to take the on-site production facility in Geel to the next level by:
- Identifying & standardizing the different business processes.
- Install or modify the necessary measurements and inspections in order to provide a constant, reliable output.
- Improve efficiency and production time by implementing a system to manage and track both.
- Together with the general manager, you plan and decide on crucial investments for the coming years.
- You further develop the business capabilities in production by designing, validating and testing new and unique processes.
- You take on and manage one or more colleagues to ensure sufficient capacity.
- Besides on-site production, you are also responsible for 3rd party manufacturing partners, material procurement and quality management.
- You will work side by side with the general manager to decide on short and long term goals, strategy and important business decisions.
The company is a fast growing scale-up company specialized in printed circuit boards and substrates for the (Micro)electronics & photonics industry.
Thanks to their unique processes that allow them to make small volumes with fast turnaround, they are perfectly positioned to support research and development, production in photonics, power electronics, harsh environment electronics, RF, microwave and more.
Their customers include some of the world's top research institutes, universities and technology companies.
- You are an engineer (civil or industrial) with a specialization or experience in electronics, mechatronics, electro-mechanics, material sciences or comparable.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a production environment with continuous improvement.
- You have a good understanding of what a PCB is, its purpose, how we make it and the different specifications.
- Quality is a mindset for you, and you want to be proud of the products you deliver.
- You are hands-on and dare to make informed decisions. Failure for you is a learning experience that must lead to improvement.
- You take ownership for granted and are a self-starter and problem solver.
- You are comfortable working in a team and have the right interpersonal skills to manage other people.
- Good communication skills in English.
- You will work in an exciting and changing scale-up environment where you will have a significant impact on the development of the company.
- Opportunities to learn quickly and act efficiently in a fast-growing company.
- A competitive salary and benefits such as a company car are negotiable.
- You get the chance to become a partner of a company after reaching important milestones.
- Possibility to start permanently or on an independent basis.
Questions or interest?
+32 9 241 87 99
Solliciteer voor deze vacature. Wij nemen zo snel
mogelijk contact met je op.