You will have a crucial role in projects, mostly energy-related, where technology innovation plays a fundamental role in digital solutions.
As for example:
- Participate in every phase of the digital solution lifecycle, actively contributing to the development at every step.
- Designing technically the most relevant solution.
- Strongly collaborate with colleagues (software, embedded software, math, engineers and technicians).
- Working as a team committed to delivering maximum business value to the end customer.
- Applied mathematics in a broad sense, typically on optimization, algorithmic, numerical computing, linear algebra, data science (including data processing and statistics, not really big data).
- Applied mathematics requiring today a strong level in software development, we are looking for an engineer in applied math with a strong level in software development (or reversely).
- Depending on experience and seniority, problem analysis with end-users or customers, problem modelling, technical design and architecture in collaboration with senior developers.
- Project management.
As a Math Engineer you will focus on the mathematical part, which includes a lot of software development, but the pure development of software applications is performed by your future software colleagues.
Here are concretes examples in mathematics:
- The mathematical optimization problem in smart charging.
- Energy management systems (EMS), that is, the optimal schedule of flexible electric loads.
- Prediction of the impact of batteries or electric vehicles or new tariffication of the energy by grid operators on the consumption profile and behavior of customers, so that we can help and warn customers.
- Extraction of trends and insight from data to support studies and answer questions of customers.
- Estimation of the mechanical stress of a physical asset based on the modeling of the stress with mechanical engineers.
- Identification and localization of a periodic signature in a very noisy periodic signal (in the context of monitoring of rotating machines).
- Early fault detection and health monitoring of technical installations based on historical and real-time data.
This company is committed to sustainable energy on a daily basis.
Are you passionate about applied mathematics and software engineering?
We are looking for you!
You will work on innovative R&D projects and help this company to build a great digital solutions with elegant mathematical backends.
They design and develop software to help and empower their customers.
As a Math Engineer we are looking for someone with the following requirements;
Master degree in Mathematics or Computer Science;
Equivalent by experience is also possible;
Can translate the customer needs in a well-defined mathematical problem, identify the most appropriate technique for its resolution and implement it;
Have in-depth knowledge in applied mathematics domains, including optimization, algorithmic, numerical computing, data science
Know about programming: quality in programming, correctness of algorithms and code, code clarity & comments;
Knowledge of Python and its scientific stack is a plus (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn,…);
Have an eye for detail and correctness;
A real teamplayer;
Are able to convey a clear message with impact;
You speak French or Dutch and have good knowledge of English.
A competitive salary package including extra-legal perks:
collective and individual bonus, meal vouchers, representation costs, company car, healthcare insurance, pension plan, cell phone with data plan, 34 holidays,...
Working on multiple projects and having the possibility to use and develop your skills.
Having access to professional training platform.
Flexible working hours.
Solliciteer voor deze vacature. Wij nemen zo snel
mogelijk contact met je op.