As the Application engineer, you operate between functional and technical application management. You talk to the end users, IT Architects and project leaders. You ensure that the application can be documented, configured, distributed and managed.
In the function as an application engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Intake of new package requests from clients and end users.
- Building, testing and deploying packages using e.g. Advanced Installer, AdminStudio, App-V sequencer, MSIX, AppLabs.
- Configuring packages for Citrix or RES Workspace Manager, among others.
- Performing reactive and proactive management and maintenance activities on the packaged applications according to established ITIL processes, in line with departmental policies and agreements.
- Identifying, analysing and resolving reported incidents and problems (2nd line).
- Keeping the DSL (Definitive Software Library) in order.
- Drafting documentation for the 1st line (ICT Service Desk).
- Maintain existing documentation.
- Remote Application Management by means of AppLabs.
A company specialized in developing applications with a high functionality for the end user, is looking for a Senior Application Engineer to join their team. The type of applications that they work on are legacy or custom applications, but also MSI, App-V, MSIX or Hosted/Cloud applications. The world of IT is changing rapidly, and so are applications. This is also reflected in the position of application engineers. Previously, they had dedicated application packagers, but nowadays this role has become much more versatile.
Do you think you could be a good match for this position?
Take a look at what this function has to offer below.
- You have a completed college education and have 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- You have already worked with APP-V in a previous position
- You have a current Citrix, RES and ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of VMware Workstation/VMware ESX/Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- You have extensive experience with the delivery of both physical (MSI) and virtual (APP-V) applications.
- You have experience with Citrix and RES Workspace Manager and within complex and large office environments.
- Preferably you have experience with SCCM or higher.
- You are familiar with scripting (VBscript or PowerShell).
- You are service-oriented, independent and can work together.
- You can analyse, plan, organise and monitor progress.
The company offers a dynamic and growing working environment, with numerous training courses to keep up with the latest technologies. Thanks to exciting projects with our clients, you also enjoy the necessary variety. In the function as an Application Engineer, you can expect:
- A good balance between work and private life
- A permanent contract
- Freedom in arranging your working conditions, number of hours per week
- Space to develop and engage in a future-proof commitment.
- Modern mobility support and nice extra benefits.
- Organization with an informal, flat structure in which everyone is accessible.
Solliciteer voor deze vacature. Wij nemen zo snel
mogelijk contact met je op.