Deze pagina werd automatisch aangepast door een vertaalmachine. Onze excuses voor mogelijke typefouten!
Advanced Mechanical Testing Engineer
- An interesting job with learning and development opportunities
- Working in a global environment with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- A salary package with interesting benefits such as: group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers
Together with the project team, you investigate relevant in-use properties, develop and optimize test setups and methodologies in the field of mechanical testing under these conditions.
This includes active participation in collaborative projects, literature/standard review, uncertainty analysis (SPC/Round robin tests, ...), (automated) data processing, design/infrastructure/safety optimization, etc.
You work closely with researchers, technicians, external laboratories and the internal engineering department to translate their input into optimized experimental procedures and customized test equipment.
Our client is an advanced research centre providing steel and metal-based products, services and solutions, to metal processing companies worldwide.
Being equipped with state-of-the-art R&D tools and facilities in its laboratories they can develop alloys and coatings, by producing and testing samples and co-develop steel applications.
They will soon open a new laboratory for testing materials behaviour in pressurized gas environments with a focus on hydrogen and for this purpose they are looking for an Advanced Mechanical Testing Engineer.
- You are a Master of Science or PhD in (electro-)mechanical engineering with affinity for experimental research. Knowledge of fracture mechanics and practical experience with related experimental aspects (e.g. high pressure gas management, strain gages, potential drop method, optical methods like DIC, …) is an added value.
- You have knowledge of mechanical design and analysis of measurement data.
- Experience with component calculations and selection for tests involving high pressure gas (mixtures) and 3D mechanical design software (preferably Autodesk Inventor) is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of pipeline integrity management and design codes/procedures are considered an added value
- You have excellent social skills to work in a team-based environment.
- You are proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams...) and able to communicate and report fluently in English. Knowledge of Dutch and French and having a driver license B are an added value.
Solliciteer voor deze vacature.
Wij nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met je op.