This page has been automatically edited by a translation engine. Our apologies for possible typing errors!
You will join a company with around 30 colleagues. You will have a challenging position with responsibility and the opportunity to contribute to the further growth of a successful company. The company culture encourages initiative and entrepreneurship. In return, you will receive a competitive salary with fringe benefits such as eco cheques, meal vouchers and group insurance.
Furthermore, you can count on flexible working hours in a 38-hour week supplemented by 6 ADV days. Moreover, your weekend starts as early as 2pm on Friday and leave days are free to choose with the exception of between Christmas and New Year.
As a mechanical designer, you will be responsible for the following range of tasks:
- You will work out custom-made machines in 3D.
- You are responsible for the pricing/technical selection of components and also act as a buyer of the necessary parts for your designs.
- You follow up on your design, both in purchasing, production, assembly and testing at our Lokeren site.
- You also want to focus on the design of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- You can work with both 2D and 3D drawing software.
- You enjoy working on a project basis and managing your project apart from the design work.
- You also have a feel for electrical systems and understand the impact of programming, enabling you to integrate it into the required mechanical designs.
- You will implement new technologies, such as robotisation and automation, to take existing installations to the next level.
- You will mainly work from Lokeren, but do not mind occasional travel to customers located worldwide.
- You will work in a team of 4 mechanical designers and report to the engineering manager.
This company is an export-oriented machine builder with an extensive sales and service organisation. Its focus is on developing and manufacturing laser-equipped machines and associated production lines for a variety of applications and materials. The speciality is laser cutting, laser welding and laser cladding. They have a complete range of products for laser cutting, welding and cladding, with or without automatic loading and unloading systems and also manufacture customised products. They are currently looking for a Mechanical Designer to further expand the design team.
As a mechanical designer, you can largely tick off the requirements below:
- You obtained a professional bachelor's degree within electromechanics, mechatronics, mechanics,... or are equivalent through experience.
- You already have experience working in a 3D drawing programme such as CATIA and 2D drawing programme Autocad.
- You preferably already have initial work experience in mechanical engineering or mechanical constructions.
- You are a team player fascinated by technology.
- You are eager to learn, have good communication skills and strong technical and analytical acumen.
- You can work independently and are resistant to stress.
- You have a very good command of Dutch and English.
Apply for this vacancy.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.