This page has been automatically edited by a translation engine. Our apologies for possible typing errors!
IT Business Analyst
Working for this organisation means working for an organisation that is at the cutting edge of technology. Your job will be challenging and tomorrow will always be more exciting than yesterday. You will have continuous opportunities to develop and refine yourself, both in terms of personal development and knowledge. In terms of remuneration, there are extra-legal benefits on top of the market rate of pay. You work in an environment free of traffic jams.
As a Business Analyst, you are responsible together with the team for the analysis and description of the needs, the related business processes and their improvement. For Business Process (Re-) Engineering, you work on projects and the improvement of existing solutions. In doing so, you always take into account the standards and norms that are applied.
Your tasks will be as follows:
- Assisting the various departments within the company in drawing up their wishes and needs within the framework of a project application to IT.
- Preparing the analyses, - planning and organising them efficiently - proactively collecting information, carrying out research in preparation for the assignment, identifying the parties involved
- Provide support to the IT Project Manager and business department when it comes to the detailed elaboration of the functional analysis. This with a view to a clear and correct assignment for the development team
- Analysing and documenting business and user needs
- Analysing, documenting and outlining processes by using common tools, business cases, user stories,...
- Reporting on the progress of the analyses
- Presenting the finished products and validating them with the customer
- Assisting colleagues to prepare the functional analysis based on the needs definition and the business analysis
- You are an important link in the alignment between business and IT. As a Business Analyst, you build bridges between them and you formulate solutions to achieve the set objectives, including Business Process Re-engineering techniques to redesign or adjust processes.
- Verifying the functional design of the ICT solution with the business requirements, also by executing technical/functional test plans
- Follow trends and developments in relevant fields and share knowledge with colleagues
- Contributing to the implementation of knowledge management and further professionalisation of the IT department in terms of work methodology
This company - located in the heart of West Flanders - is a multidisciplinary industrial group active worldwide in various sectors: agriculture, machine building, water management, etc. The solutions they offer can be used for a variety of applications. Today, the group has 7,000 employees and, because they are in a strong market position, they are constantly looking for extra staff.
- University degree in business administration complemented by a good knowledge of technology or in computer science with previous experience in management and business processes
- Previously worked as a Business or Functional Analyst
- Knowledge of BPMN and basic knowledge of UML
- Strong understanding of business processes, Business Process Analysis
- Good knowledge of production and logistic processes and relevant domain knowledge of various industries (discrete, process and continuous) and therefore able to communicate technically and functionally with various contact persons within a production environment
- Fluent communicator to business users and project team
- Creative and solution-oriented, strong analytical capacity
- Good analysis, synthesis and editing skills
- Basic knowledge of IT testing
- Preference for autonomy and self-organisation, a sense of responsibility and diligence
- Stress resistant and hands-on
- Experience with MS Project Server, Sharepoint, Team Foundation Server and SCRUM
- Experience with and knowledge of project methodology and Agile Development
- Managing multiple projects at the same time
- Functioning in a team as well as independently; smooth cooperation with other departments
- Eager to learn
- Very good knowledge of Dutch & English
- Strong IT-oriented background