This page has been automatically edited by a translation engine. Our apologies for possible typing errors!
International Service Engineer
As an international service engineer, you will join an SME with about 80 employees. Moreover, you will be able to collaborate on state-of-the-art machines and will also be closely involved in on-site implementation.
Furthermore, you can count on a competitive salary package with meal vouchers and group insurance. You work a 39-hour week and are entitled to 13 ADV days. During the summer, 3 weeks collective leave are taken and they are also collectively closed between Christmas and New Year. However, in this role, this may vary at times depending on planning and customer demand.
As an international service engineer, you will be responsible for the following range of tasks:
- You will assemble and commission machines delivered to customers both mechanically and electrically.
- You will provide the necessary explanation and training in terms of machine operation, operation and maintenance.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting customer breakdowns.
- You repair or replace the defective parts.
- You will prepare technical reports and parts lists for cost estimation.
- If there are no outdoor assignments, you will be employed in the in-house workshop in the assembly department.
- Given the global spread of clients, you will regularly work and stay abroad (Asia, America, Africa,...)
Our client is a family business active in mechanical engineering that has existed for 100 years. They are a major player as a machine builder in the textile industry. Their customer base is mainly outside Belgium, more than 90% of their machines are for outside Europe. Moreover, they are always innovating themselves. As part of further growth, they are currently looking for an international service engineer.
As an international service engineer, you will largely meet the following requirements:
- You hold a bachelor's or master's degree in electromechanics or already have experience in mechanical engineering.
- You are able to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and, due to foreign assignments, your knowledge of English is also good. Additional language skills are a plus.
- You don't mind travelling abroad often.
- You are problem-solver and have a great sense of responsibility which are indispensable during unexpected circumstances.
- You are a real go-getter and can work very well independently.
- You can easily adapt to the country of employment and its regulations and working conditions.
Apply for this vacancy.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.