This page has been automatically edited by a translation engine. Our apologies for possible typing errors!
Field test technician
As a Field Test Technician, you can count on a competitive salary supplemented by an attractive and diverse package of fringe benefits:
- Meal vouchers of €7.65 per day worked
- Eco vouchers of € 250 per year on the basis of the applicable collective labour agreement
- Hospitalisation & work accident insurance
- The company provides 20 days of statutory holiday and 20.5 days of reduced working hours, 1 day of seniority leave per 5 years of seniority with a maximum of 4 days
- Participation in the CNH Industrial performance and leadership bonus plan in accordance with your job level
- Gift voucher
- Bicycle allowance of €0.24 per km or public transport (train/bus) 100% reimbursed as well as commuting allowance up to a monthly salary of €5,500 gross
- Internet paid by the employer from grade 13
- A mobile phone and laptop will be provided if required by the position
- Extra holiday allowance: annual salary x 13.99 instead of the usual 13.92
In addition, you can count on numerous non-financial benefits:
- Discounts on the purchase of cars from the Fiat ("FCA") group and numerous other discounts (e.g. chain shops, sports brands, amusement parks, etc.)
- Company restaurant with extensive offer at democratic prices
- Possibility to work from home 12 days a month with a telework allowance of € 2 per day (if at least 5 days telework per month)
- Optional bicycle lease
- Social fund that provides cover on the basis of partial employee solidarity and partial employer sponsorship in the event of tragic events in an employee's life
- Carpool policy with guaranteed ride home
- In order to promote togetherness and also to stay active in sports, there is a possibility to join a sports team in the following disciplines: paddle, tennis, fishing, running, cycling, etc.
- A modern and extensive machine park that provides an extremely instructive working environment full of technical challenges for an engineer
- Centrally located in the heart of Zedelgem, close to the station
- Personalised people-oriented support throughout your projects
The Field Test Technician, validates and optimises new products originating from the engineering team. The tests take place both in a lab environment at the Zedelgem site and in a field with crops abroad. It is the Field Test Technician's job to validate new designs, detect root causes and optimise possible pain points. The tests focus on optimising the durability and functionality of new machines. Some of the tasks of the Field Test Technician
- As a Field Test Technician, you are responsible for setting up and performing tests on combines, balers and forage harvesters.
- You develop the methods and test equipment yourself and also carry out the tests yourself. The focus is on mechanical components and hardware and software validation.
- You determine root causes, analyse test results and formulate conclusions and solutions.
- As a Field Test Technician, you are also responsible for the preparation as well as the logistical planning of the test equipment.
- All this happens in an international context.
Our client is an international manufacturer active in 5 sectors: agricultural machines, construction machines, trucks & commercial vehicles, special vehicles and engines & transmissions. Worldwide, this organisation employs more than 35,000 people in 35 factories and 20 research and development centres. In addition, they can count on 2000 dealers spread over more than 121 countries. In the department in Zedelgem, more than 3000 employees are responsible on a daily basis for the design, production and after-sales service of combines, forage harvesters and balers. In addition, thanks to 110 years of know-how and experience, Zedelgem is the training centre for Europe. The company culture of this organisation is characterised by a no-nonsense and hands-on approach where entrepreneurship is highly valued. In addition, this organisation focuses on sustainability and employees are co-trained so that the intended objectives and priorities are achieved within this framework.
As a Field Test Engineer, you have a bachelor or master degree in a technical direction (e.g. Electromechanics).
- You are triggered by foreign assignments and working in an international context.
- You are willing to travel abroad (within Europe) in periods of 6 weeks from April/May to October for field tests.
- You keep abreast of all the latest trends and developments in your field. A predilection for the agricultural sector is recommended.
- You are a team player, communicative and think in terms of solutions.
- You speak Dutch and English, other languages are a plus.
- You have a driving licence B, driving licence C (E) is a plus.
Would you apply for your dream job?
Apply for this vacancy. We will contact you as soon as possible.