This page has been automatically edited by a translation engine. Our apologies for possible typing errors!
Embedded Software Developer
As an Embedded Software Developer, you can count on a competitive salary supplemented by an attractive and diverse package of fringe benefits:
- Meal vouchers of €7.65 per day worked
- Eco vouchers of € 250 per year on the basis of the applicable collective labour agreement
- Hospitalisation & work accident insurance
- The company provides 20 days of statutory holiday and 20.5 days of working time reduction, 1 day of seniority leave per 5 years of seniority with a maximum of 4 days
- Participation in the CNH Industrial performance and leadership bonus plan in accordance with your job level
- Gift voucher
- Bicycle allowance of €0.24 per km or public transport (train/bus) 100% reimbursed as well as commuting allowance up to a monthly salary of €5,500 gross
- Internet paid by the employer from grade 13
- A mobile phone and laptop will be provided if required by the position
- Extra holiday allowance: annual salary x 13.99 instead of the usual 13.92
In addition, you can count on numerous non-financial benefits
- Discounts on the purchase of cars from the Fiat ("FCA") group and numerous other discounts (e.g. chain shops, sports brands, amusement parks, etc.)
- Company restaurant with extensive offer at democratic prices
- Possibility to work from home 12 days a month with a telework allowance of € 2 per day (if at least 5 days telework per month)
- Optional bicycle lease
- Social fund that provides cover on the basis of partial employee solidarity and partial employer sponsorship in the event of tragic events in an employee's life
- Carpool policy with guaranteed ride home
- In order to promote togetherness and also to stay active in sports, there is a possibility to join a sports team in the following disciplines: paddle, tennis, fishing, running, cycling, etc.
- A modern and extensive machine park that provides an extremely instructive working environment full of technical challenges for an engineer
- Centrally located in the heart of Zedelgem, close to the station
- Personalised people-oriented support throughout your projects
As an Embedded Software Developer, you are responsible for developing software on the agricultural machines that are developed and manufactured in Zedelgem.
Some of the tasks:
- You are responsible for developing customised solutions for agricultural machines.
- You will be using Isobus, Universal Terminal and Task Controller, communicating in CAN protocols and using Vector CANalyzer.
- As an Embedded Software Developer you will be using C++
- You are able to carry out Unit Tests and are also responsible for the pre-integration verification of the software
- Throughout this process you will use software development tools for version checks, revisions and continuous integration
- As an Embedded Software Developer you are responsible for producing the necessary documentation during the design and release process of the software
Our client is an international manufacturer active in 5 sectors: agricultural machines, construction machines, trucks & commercial vehicles, special vehicles and engines & transmissions. Worldwide, this organisation employs more than 35,000 people in 35 factories and 20 research and development centres. In addition, they can count on 2000 dealers spread over more than 121 countries. In the department in Zedelgem, more than 3000 employees are responsible on a daily basis for the design, production and after-sales service of combines, forage harvesters and balers. In addition, thanks to 110 years of know-how and experience, Zedelgem is the training centre for Europe. The company culture of this organisation is characterised by a no-nonsense and hands-on approach where entrepreneurship is highly valued. In addition, this organisation focuses on sustainability and employees are co-trained so that the intended objectives and priorities are achieved within this framework.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
- You have an initial experience of developing software in Embedded C++, ideally in an automotive or off-road industry environment
- Thorough understanding of the architecture of Qt and Linux operating systems
- Experience with open source development tools such as Git (version control), Gerrit (code reviews) and Jenkins (continuous integration)
- Understanding of Design Patterns (e.g. MVC - Model-View-Controller, MVVM - Model-View-Model)
- You are familiar with TCP/IP network protocols and socket programming
- Experience with V-Model and/or Agile (e.g. Scrum) software development processes
- Affinity with products for the automotive industry, agriculture, construction or commercial vehicles
- You like to take on challenges
- You have a good knowledge of English and Dutch.
Would you apply for your dream job?
Apply for this vacancy. We will contact you as soon as possible.