This page has been automatically edited by a translation engine. Our apologies for possible typing errors!
- You will join a highly interesting, versatile and challenging team and work environment
- You will have full responsibility and accountability for tasks and projects assigned regionally and globally
- Besides a competitive salary package you will receive support for your development needs with coaching and trainings
As an experienced Decarbonisation Specialist, you will join a dedicated team ready to take on challenges and to contribute actively to their Responsible Sourcing Strategy and Corporate Sustainability strategy. You need to have the ability to quickly acquire and apply knowledge and skills, integrity, an entrepreneurial mindset and the desire to add value with Sustainability.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Understand the Scope 3 emissions accounting methodology and approach, and the carbon maturity of supplier base to drive further supplier decarbonisation through Responsible Sourcing Due Diligence tools
- Structure and lead data analysis to develop compelling insights and actionable Scope 3 decarbonisation roadmaps for internal and external reporting
- Structure and lead data analysis to validate product carbon footprints from suppliers
- Support Change Management (e.g., Engage the procurement Sourcers, support the development of emission reduction roadmaps with business key functions) and knowledge transfer to Supplier, Procurement and other team members
- Follow up directly and/or support Responsible Sourcers in following up with vendors as appropriate to secure responses
- Follow up with suppliers to resolve data questions, and inconsistencies related to supplier data
- Support the development and execution of internal and external communication and training materials (e.g., supplier toolkit, FAQs, Sourcer toolkit)
- Support the development, maintenance and update of internal reporting tools
- Support the embedding of decarbonisation programme within the procurement processes by developing SOPs, policies, appropriate operating framework of responsible sourcing practices that ensure company sustainability goals are achieved through the category teams' strategies and supplier engagement
- Implement and monitor relevant targets, KPIs
- Implement reporting tools to track and measure the performance of the programme and of our suppliers
- Prepare reporting for external (e.g. Sustainability report) and internal use
- Monitor and research emerging trends, global sustainability dynamics regulatory environment in your region and/ or globally
Our Client is a preferred global partner to the pharmaceutical, biotech and nutrition markets with a focus on enabling treatments that prevent illness and support healthier lifestyles.
They provide a wide range of services and products from early phase discovery to custom development and manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients to innovative dosage forms for the pharma and consumer health and nutrition industries.
They do this across five continents, with approximately 17,500 full-time employees.
To strengthen their team in Belgium they are looking for a Decarbonisation Specialist.
- University degree in engineering/sustainability/ Master's preferred.
- Experience in decarbonization programmes, with special focus on life cycle assessment, product carbon footprints and Scope 3 emissions accounting
- Proven experience with Supplier Communication & Engagement
- Passion to drive climate change mitigation activities
- Experience in pharma industry is a plus
- Excellent command of MS-Office applications, especially Power Point and Excel
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Hands-on contributor who likes to take up a challenge and deliver tangible results
- Enthusiastic self-starter, with influencing skills to communicate and persuade internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Understanding of different Procurement disciplines and how they integrate with each other
- Experience in working in a dynamic environment with ability to prioritize and focus
- Ability to coordinate activities globally
- Experience in working with data and forming insights and actions
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills both written and verbal
- Experience in working in international, virtual and cross-functional teams
- Conflict Management
- Ability to adapt to audience
Apply for this vacancy.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.